Monday, January 28, 2013

How a Pair of Shoes Changed My Life




Let me tell you a little story. I am having a really difficult time in my life. My girlfriend of three years just broke up with me because she’s actually a lesbian, I have a meaningless job that I don’t like waiting on people at a pizza joint, and I haven’t accomplished my lifelong dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail. I was so depressed that I didn’t know what to do in life. I also found that I was having back problems, and my feet were always aching and sore when I got home from work.

One day, about a month ago, I got online and ordered some Finn Comfort shoes. Now, these shoes are supposed to be the most comfortable walking shoes on the planet, or so Finn Comfort would have you believe. Still, I was skeptical. How could anything go right in my life? But the website I was on offered free shipping so I figured I didn’t have much to lose. So I ordered the shoes anyway.

As soon as I got this pair of Finn shoes, I tried them on. They were super comfortable, I had to admit. I wore them to work one day, and I found that they were so comfortable, it was making me cheerful at work. I found I was whistling and walking around in a positive state of mind. My feet no longer hurt, my back no longer hurt, and I was able to be a better employee because of this. I was getting people their pizza faster, and I was a much better server. My boss saw this and appreciated it, and then she promoted me! Now, I am a manager!

The promotion allowed me to take some time off and to earn some extra money, and I’ve made plans this summer to go hike part of the Appalachian Trail! I will, of course, be wearing my super comfortable Finn Comfort shoes so that I can be comfortable as I walk that long way. The point is, though, a pair of shoes changed my life. A pair of comfortable shoes made me happier,  helped me get promoted, and helped me achieve my lifelong dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail. I’m still working on the girlfriend, thing though. Let me know if you know of any eligible straight women who like guys that have a good taste in shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment